Thursday, December 26, 2013

Loaded Smashed Potatoes

     I made these for the first time this Christmas.  They were beyond delicious and I can safely say this, tweaked recipe is going into my repertoire for anytime I'm making a special meal---NOT just at the holidays.



Loaded Smashed Potatoes

8 -10 (approx.---I did not measure how many potatoes I bought) red potatoes
1 C 2% milk, warmed
3 Tbsp. butter, softened
1 lb. bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 C (4 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 C shredded Parmesan cheese
3-5 green onions, chopped
2 tsp. dried parsley flakes
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 tsp. black pepper
2 large cloves garlic, minced (I use a garlic press--do what YOU like)

Place potatoes in a large saucepan; add water to cover.  Bring to a boil.  Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, 15-20 minutes or until tender.

Drain; return to pan.  Lightly mash potatoes (I do this with the beaters turned OFF, and just smash down a few times), add all the butter in and gradually add milk to reach desired consistency.  Stir in bacon, cheeses, green onions, parsley, salt and pepper.

Makes 8 -10 servings

No comments:

Post a Comment